Sign up to get emails on new blog posts

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Music and accolades

After taking a class on how to make my own lip balm with techniques likely used in the Middle Ages (melting small amounts of beeswax and cocoa butter on a spoon over a candle flame), I noticed that there was to be a practice that evening for the Grand Ball. Showing up to meet the musicians, I got invited to join them and so I had great fun 'cross-pollinating' with musicians in another Kingdom, seeing the subtle differences in how they do things. I got to play along on my tenor recorder, and I also got to dance. This for me was the highlight of the week, finding other musicians and playing many of the same dance tunes from the Middle Ages. I even met Matilda from Madrone in An Tir, the neighboring Barony in my Kingdom. We have played together a time or two when Wyewood and Madrone musicians have joined together.
Matillis and Matilda!

   She had seen a Bubba banner (Wyewood's mascot, a bat-winged hampster) and so I went on the hunt to find out who else was there from my home Barony. It turns out that it is Leticia's, whom I had already found. She said she flies Bubba at every Event.
Bubba of the Barony of Wyewood, flying at Estrella War.
I had asked a man camping nearby if that was his banner. He told me it was Leticia's and she had told him much of the Shire of Wyewood. Of course I had to tell him how we had become a Barony and some great stories around that, plus other fun things Wyewood has done. I was happy to spread some Word Fame about Wyewood! The outcome of this enjoyable conversation was that his 'flame was re-lit' (that's how he put it). The next day, Leticia passed on to me his personal coin in gratitude. Turns out he is a Pelican, a White Scarf, a Court Baron, former Baron of Sun Dragon, etc... So, to Don Diego de Marulanda al Nadil, <<deep curtsey>> Thank you, and I am happy to have been of service!


The coolest fire pit I have seen yet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment