Sign up to get emails on new blog posts

Friday, February 27, 2015

Kingdom Bardic Competition

Atenveldt Pavilion where the Bardic Championship was held.
   I find that hanging out with Musicians can push the comfort envelope. This is usually a good thing. A couple of my new musicians friends at Estrella urged me to join the Bardic Competition. It sounded like a rather small affair, so I thought "why not?" They said to be there a little bit before it started so I could sign in. It was rather casual and I think they were looking for more people to join the fun. I decided to go for it and sang "Fyrd of Wyewood" to further spread the Word Fame of our great Barony. I warned them that I did not have the words memorized, and they assured me that was fine. However, in the end it did lower my score. It was actually a fun thing to do, and other than being pretty nervous it went well. I got to go first and get it over with, which was a great relief so I could sit back and enjoy the stories that were told, the songs sung, and music played. Who knows, maybe next year I might even come prepared!
   I think a comparable competition in An Tir would be more difficult since I know how many great Bards we have. But maybe I'll get brave enough to give that a whirl one of these days, too!
   Embracing life and new experiences, part of what this trip is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment