Sign up to get emails on new blog posts

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Bittersweet

  In spite of being so ready to be done with the house, working hard to refurbish and reduce, driving away for the last time was still bittersweet. Yes, adventures lie ahead (and hopefully rest!), but 28-1/2 years of memories live there, and we don't. There were some tears, sadness and some fleeting moments of "What in the world have we done!?" But it was a great comfort to know that the family who bought our house loves it, loves what we did with it and appreciate what a great house it is. They will be making their own memories, and there is comfort in that. I was glad that the sun chose to shine when we pulled out. Somehow that made it easier, not only with the driving, but the feeling of rightness, also. That chapter of our lives is closed. On to the next!

Waking up the next morning on our lot, surrounded by trees, birds chirping and the sun shining was delightful! The next part of our Grand Adventure has begun.

Although theoretically we were 'done' with projects, it now became time to focus on the motorhome and things we had put off because of The House Project. Like fixing the toilet, whose gasket needed replacing. We had the necessary parts, and I thought it would be a fairly quick and easy job. Nope. After exhausting my abilities to get the bolts off  (rusty bolts are not my friend), I threw up my hands and Jerry took over. I did find a guy who works on RVs locally and will come to you, but tenacious guy that he is, Jerry managed to get the other two off and soon we were back in business. I was so thankful to have "Comfort Stations" aka bathrooms located within a very short distance of our lot, so the inconvenience was minimal. Then on to other projects in preparation for leaving. Like fixing the valve to the water tank so that I came actually use it without water spewing out into the compartment. Since we have water at the lot, I was filling a couple of gallon jugs and putting them into my 2 gallon Brita which has a spigot. Voila! Almost running water..... Nothing like roughing it in a motorhome. I informed my dear hubby that I would not be taking off until that water tank was functional! He did a great job of problem solving and fixing.


No comments:

Post a Comment