Sign up to get emails on new blog posts

Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Slots

Jerry and the entrance sign to The Slots
Our fellow RVers told us about an interesting place that we decided to check out. It's called The Slots and is southwest of Borrego Springs. It is a slot canyon, and pretty interesting to hike, although not as spectacular in color as the famous ones in Nevada. Still it was fun and even challenging in a few spots. I was glad I took my cane with me since there were a few places I was thankful for the leverage! I took so many pictures with my phone that I sometimes just carried it in camera mode, which made for a few "What is THAT supposed to be?" shots. Since we went on a Saturday, there were plenty of people there. We didn't linger because we wanted to get down and back before the sun got too low in the sky. With the sun setting around 4:30, the afternoon is rather short! I was thankful to have a warning when I overheard this rather small young lady who had just returned say that she had torn her shirt. That left me wondering since I am not nearly so small.

 This is not a place for the claustrophobic, although most of the way was easy enough to walk.

Me being careful of my shirt in this narrow gap!



Spectacular formation at the end of the canyon.
If you look closely you can see Jerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment