Sign up to get emails on new blog posts

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Stocking up in Indio

While stocking up in Indio, we found this sauerkraut juice and had to get it. I used to hate sauerkraut, but since learning of its benefits, I started to eat a little here and there. Now a day doesn't go by without some sauerkraut to top my veggies, salad, eggs, whatever! I have found that We eat lots of Bubbies Sauerkraut and have come to appreciate how beneficial this live fermented food is for out health in so many ways. We (politely) argue over who gets the sauerkraut juice that's left over. I like it mixed in some bone broth for a powerful tonic and gut health. Every time I feel some kind of 'bug' sneaking up on me, I grab the juice and chug a couple of tablespoons full or so. For a stomach bug, nothing works quicker! It can turn it around in a matter of hours. Here is a website that goes into more detail on the benefits of sauerkraut and even how to make your own. Since most of the immune system is in the gut, it makes sense to take care of your gut to keep the immune system healthy and smart.

We were able to get quit a bit of my specialty foods in Indio before heading to Bouse where the options are slim. We didn't really do much besides shop and rest, but that was necessary and helpful.

Now, finally after parking in parking lots all the way down here, we're heading out into the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment